Sunday, February 6, 2011

That's super

Well it's super bowl time again. I guess I've never really been a consistent fan of the Super Bowl. To be honest, I've never really followed what was going on in football let alone the Super Bowl. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against watching or even participating in sports. It's just that I've never truly cared about what is going on half as much as the true sports fanatic. Occasionally, I will indulge in the whole viewing frenzy, but I really don't understand how some people have to follow every little statistic about every player of every team across multiple sports. I do try to keep up with the major news in sports, but that's mostly it.

My idea of the fun around the Super Bowl in general is the opportunity to get together with a group of friends and enjoy the event as a whole. In other words, I enjoy the whole experience like the food, the entertainment and the funny/clever commercials throughout the game among other social aspects that come along with it. I really just see the Super Bowl as another excuse to have some friends over to have a party. Or, if maybe you're single you perhaps enjoy the company of strangers at a sports pub or bar or whatever. One aspect of the occasion I like especially are the ads.

Here's an ad that you might like, emphasis on might.


Football to the groin. Or, in this case a little person's head to the groin. Whatever, it's all the same to me. Football, or head. Bravo Doritos. I will now go to the store to pick up a bag to reward you for making me laugh. Okay, maybe not. 

1 comment:

  1. Here's my problem with the country's fascination with the superbowl. People who would never consider going to a movie or going skiing on Sunday have no qualms when it comes to attending a superbowl party on Sunday. So next time I ask somebody to go snowboarding with me on Sunday and they decline because they don't want to break the sabbath, I'll ask them if they went to a superbowl party. If they respond in the affirmative I will call them a hypocrit. ....Just kidding I wouldn't do that, but I would think it.

    ReplyDelete